23 June, 2008

Black Sheep, Black Sheep

Black Sheep Gathering: more wool in more formats than I have ever seen in one place before. I was positively giddy from the wool fumes. Wool on the hoof, fleece, batts, roving, and yarn, yarn and more yarn. Also, the tools to make yarn, and to turn yarn into fabric: carding machines, spindles, wheels, looms, needles. Spinners and weavers everywhere. You will be amazed to hear that I left with only four skeins of yarn:

Black Sheep Stash

These are (left to right) Blue Moon Socks that Rock lightweight "Grimm's Willow Wren" and "Puck's Mischief" and Chameleon Colorworks Twinkle Toes (beautiful glossy smooth merino/tencel) in "Peacock" and "Stonewashed."

I took some photos, but there are better ones on Marnie's blog. Be sure to scroll down and watch, and especially listen to, the video she recorded in the sheep/goat barn. Be happy they have not yet invented Smellavision.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am sooo jealous. Black Sheep is on my list when I win the lottery or don't have to pay college tuition, which ever comes first. And the yarns you picked are just the colors Iwould have chosen, gorgeous.

PS. Thanks for visiting my blog. Sometimes it feels like my kids are the only one who read it and I have to bribe them. :)