05 July, 2008

Wicked Sharp

I cast on two socks in the last two days:

Blue Meanie Socks

These are a challenge for me. The socks are knit at microgauge (10 st/inch), are toe-up, and I'm knitting them on two wicked sharp Addi circs. The yarn is behaving nicely and I have not drawn blood so far. The Mystery Sock pattern is being doled out in four weekly installments, so you don't know what the finished sock will look like until it's almost done.

project name: Blue Meanie Socks
pattern: Ravelry Sock Knitters Anonymous July Mystery Socks
designer: Rebecca Hatcher (Archiknist)
yarn: Woolly Boully Meanie Sock, "something blue"
needles: 1.75 mm Addi Turbo Lace 24" circs
my gauge: 10 st/inch
ravelry project link
project notes: my only mod so far is to use a Turkish Cast On from Fluffy Knitter Deb's wonderfully clear instructions.

These are my knitting-on-the-bus socks, to balance the complexities of the Blue Meanies:

Perfect Day Socks

project name: Perfect Day Socks
pattern: Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
designer: Charlene Schurch
yarn: Perfect Day Yarns Beat Sock "Woods and Frozen Lake"
needles: 2.0 mm bamboo dpn
my gauge: haven't measured yet :o)
ravelry project link

No comments: